Is your kid’s birthday just round the corner and even after inviting a whole lot of his friends you are not sure as to what to serve them? In the hectic lifestyle, this generally becomes a major issue. On one hand it is your child’s birthday and of course a great occasion to celebrate along with your family as well as your child’s friends. But on the other hand, planning a good meal becomes a headache at times, especially when you have to be on some business the entire day and do not have enough time to make something for the guests.
The best option in such scenario is getting some prepared food delivered to your home. Almost every child today love pizzas and will have a great treat if pizzas are served during the birthday. There are many established pizza joints which also provide home delivery and can be a great choice in this situation. Also the pizzas come in various topping choices, so whether one is vegetarian or non-vegetarian, one can get a pizza. And the best thing is, the pizzas are delivered really fast and so you need not order them in advance. Just wait for everyone to turn up and then let then choose the pizza toppings of their choice. And you get your kid’s birthday treat delivered right at your home within an hour.
You can easily try out Dominos or any other pizza joint you know about. The Dominos discount coupons are available at various websites and are also provided a few Dominos stores at times. So you can easily manage to get some extra discounts or other special offers. The Foodpanda discount coupons can also come in handy if you decide to get the food delivered from a place which does not have home delivery facility. Foodpanda can deliver the food within time and that too at an affordable rate.
These cookies are absolutely delicious. We always make a big batch, but they seem to go quick – no matter how many we make. My son said he can trade these for everything at lunch. If you make these for the holidays, you can wrap 3 or 4 in a decorative cellophane bag, or put a dozen in a small decorative tin. In a world of packaged goods, a tin of home baked goods is greatly appreciated.
2 cups butter
24 oz. Chocolate chips
12 oz. White chocolate chips (or toffee pieces – if you prefer)
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups rolled oats (oatmeal)
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 cups chopped pecans (or walnuts or macadamias)
Measure oatmeal, and blend in a food processor to a fine powder. Set aside. Add the butter and both sugars to the food processor and cream together till smooth. Add the vanilla and eggs, and beat to mix.
Place sugar and butter blend in a large bowl. Mix together with flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chocolate chips, and nuts. Mixture will be quite heavy and this is quite a large batch, so you will probably want to use your clean hands to mix everything together.
Roll into 1.5 inch balls, and place two inches apart on an ungreased cookie Sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Using a spatula, flatten the balls and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, depending if you like them soft or crisp. Cookies are done when they are slightly golden. Makes 105 cookies.
We’ve all seen them. Clusters of big, gourmet cookies, individually wrapped in shiny, colored cellophane, with bows and ribbons. They come in many styles and with different treats, toys or gift items attached to or inside a basket or vase of some sort. They make a terrific and edible gift idea. After all, who doesn’t love cookies? Sadly, they can be very expensive gifts, especially when considering that cookies don’t cost a whole lot to bake.
Here’s how to make your own cookie bouquets at home without spending a fortune!
What You Will Need:
* Chopsticks or Wooden Skewers – Make sure they are heat-proof. If you’re baking smaller cookies, then Popsicle sticks would also work.
* Cookies – Find a delicious cookie recipe that makes larger size cookies, your favorite or your gift recipients favorite will do fine.
* Container – This needs to be a sturdy container that is a bit bottom heavy, especially if you plan to include more than a few big cookies. You can try putting some pebbles in the bottom to make sure the container won’t tip over, if needed. Some ideas for containers include: a coffee mug, a metal or plastic pail, a basket, a vase, a planter, cookie jar or glass jar, glass bottle, a toy or wood box of some sort, teapot, porcelain or pottery serving ware.
* Cellophane – The shiny, colored kind looks best, but the colored plastic wrap you get at your local supermarket would work too.
* Ribbon – The curly kind works well for this. Any colors you like.
* Decorations – Anything goes! What’s appropriate to the occasion and what does the gift recipient like? Some ideas include: stuffed animals, small toys, candy, balloons, fake or real flowers, stickers or whatever you find at the local craft store.
* Block of Styrofoam or florists foam – You know that stereo you bought last December? You probably kept the box, just search your garage for some spare, clean, Styrofoam.
* Something to cover up the Styrofoam or florist’s foam – You can use a big ribbon, some moss, plastic grass, tissue paper crumpled up or whatever else you have handy.
1. When you place the cookie dough on the cookie sheet, press the dough down a bit to flatten it so that it doesn’t spread too much while baking and so that the stick can be inserted properly. Before you bake the cookies, you must insert the chopstick or wooden skewer into one side of each cookie. Push it in almost the length of the cookie without going out the other end. This is an important step, as if your cookie is too big and your stick is not sturdy enough, it simply won’t hold it and the cookie may fall apart when you pick it up. When baking big cookies, you probably won’t be able to fit more than 3 cookies with their sticks to a sheet.
2. After baking the cookies with their sticks, cool the cookies thoroughly, then wrap each one with the colored cellophane. A different color for each cookie would be ok, or all the same color appropriate to the occasion. Tie each one with some curly ribbon at the base where the stick comes out of the cookie. Tie it very tightly so the cookies will stay fresh on the stick. You can adorn each cookie with additional, larger ribbons or bows at this point. When using curly ribbon, don’t forget to curl it!
3. Now cut your Styrofoam or florist’s foam to the size of the top of the container you chose. Then fit the foam in so it is nice and tight and near the top of the container. Remember, you can place something heavier in the bottom of the container so that it does not tip over. Small pebbles work well for this. Remember that the sticks will poke through the foam and into the bottom of the container.
4. Here comes the fun part, let’s assemble the cookie bouquet! Take each of your cookies and stick them through the foam so they go all the way through the foam and further, near to the bottom of the container. You can assemble the cookies in any manner you like, but most cookie bouquets have one cookie at the center that is taller than the other cookies, so keep that in mind. Decorate with additional ribbons, toys, candy, flowers, gifts etc. Each item can be attached with additional ribbon to the container or the sticks of the cookies or even with a glue gun (if appropriate).
5. Give your gift and watch the smiles! Make sure to give the bouquet as soon as possible after you have assembled it, you don’t want the cookies to go stale!
Make sure you bake enough cookies for your container, if baking small cookies, you may run out if you are filling a large container. Always bake more than enough. Surely your extras won’t go to waste.
Bake both large and small cookies and use them both in the bouquet for a nice varied look like a more traditional flower bouquet.
Some cookie bouquets use cutout cookies, these can be fun to make and decorate. Use your favorite sugar cookie cutout recipe and cut into shapes appropriate for the occasion. For cutout cookies to work, you may want to double your sugar cookie recipe as the cookies need to be nice and thick for the stick to go through them. For this type of cookie, wooden skewers will work best, chopsticks may be too thick. Then decorate the cookies with frosting. No need for colored cellophane with these cookies, use regular plastic wrap or clear cellophane so that the beauty of your hand decorated cookies shines through.
Time expected us that being a kid requires you to have your own comfort foods; the feeling it gives satisfies ourselves and soothes our inner soul. We grew up loving the best one, the homemade chocolate (CCC) chip cookies, and the best of all the comfort foods in the world.
Smiles start to widen every time the homemade chocolate chip cookies are being talked about or even if it is just a single fragile thought it makes you think about its wonderful taste and how you want to eat as many as possible.
Our mother or father usually do the baking and we do the eating, memories usually brings us back to feel the nostalgic areas of our childhood, we feel relief and happiness every time we get to get a big bite of the homemade chocolate chip cookies (CCC). These kinds of treats bring us happiness and delight.
Way back in 1933, Ruth Graves Wakefield accidentally created and discovered a new recipe to give enjoyment. Ruth was the owner of Toll House Inn, it was located in Whitman. This is how the entire company got going.
Tasty home meals that were cooked in Wakefield’s restaurant brought them popularity back in 1930′s but a big part of the success was Ruth’s policy to offer their customer’s entrees to take home it along with her special homemade cookies.
The recipe was released in the public when Ruth Wakefield wrote a book in 1936 entitled Toll House Tried and True Recipes. The title of the recipe was “Toll House Chocolate Crunch Cookie”, wherein it immediately it became a hot topic and became as one of the most favorite food globally.
Nowadays there are a million ways on how to cook the Homemade chocolate chip cookies (CCC) any way that you wish to do it. There are literally hundreds of ways in which you can make them that differ from the norm.
Different kinds and tastes has already been out in the market, you can cook as many chocolate chip cookies (CCC) as you like. Almonds have added a great and delicious taste to the cookies, mouth watering twists about the cookies have been released already.
Only a small amount of ingredients are needed and poof! Homemade chocolate chip cookies are done and can be eaten with great delight and satisfaction. Try a different type of combination today to see if it works for you.
buy wine online